The SMW16 ‘Soteria’ is the newest in mCareWatch’s signature range of devices. Named for the Greek goddess of safety, its 3G network connectivity and practical features make it the most advanced, easy-to-use wearable device on the market.
An all-in-one watch, mobile phone, personal emergency alarm, GPS tracker and medical alert, in case of emergency the SMW16 ‘Soteria’ can be linked to a 24-hour emergency personal monitoring service or auto-dial up to three different family, friends or carers.
It also links to our ConnectiveCARE™ platform and mCareWatch smartphone app, enabling both wearers and carers to access all the additional information, support and features the platform offers.
Unlike emergency pendants, the watch, GPS tracking, personal emergency alarm and other features work anywhere there is mobile coverage, offering independence, mobility and confidence to wearers and carers alike – it’s affordable freedom and peace of mind.
The SMW 16 ‘Soteria’ is independently quality tested and meets relevant Australian (RCM) & European (CE) Standards.
CHOICE Magazine ‘Personal Alarms’ Review
The mCareWatch SMW 16 ‘Soteria’ was recently reviewed in the CHOICE ‘Personal Alarm’ buying guide (April 2017) and was one of only three products to receive a positive review.
Affordable safety and peace of mind
The SMW16 ‘Soteria’ is affordable for any family, with easy purchase and payment options to suit every budget.
Some Australians may be eligible for Government or other assistance paying for their SMW16 ‘Soteria’ watch.
Check this list of funding options to help you decide if you should consider applying for assistance.
mCareWatch SMW16 Features
TIMETells time like any other watch with both analogue & digital display
Watch auto-answers incoming calls from up to 20 pre-set contacts without wearer’s need to touch watch screen
CALLSWatch can make and receive calls – opening up loud speaker allowing two-way conversation.
LOCATION FINDERLocation finder and tracking capability using GPS, GSM (mobile towers) and Wi-Fi.
EASY TO CHARGE
Easy-fit magnetic recharging cradle that is easy to use. Low battery alerts also sent to carers.
GEO-FENCESet up perimeter safe perimeter area and be notified via mobile SMS and email when watch exits the area.
SOS BUTTONSOS Button automatically dials 3 pre-set contact numbers. If the first SOS contact does not answer, watch automatically dials second SOS contact.
CARER'S WEB PLATFORMManage, configure, set up and monitor device via ConnectiveCARE Platform.
FAMILY SPEED DIALCalls 3 pre-set contact numbers automatically by pressing their photos displayed on watch.
REMINDERSSet customised medicine and other appointment alarm reminders.
BUILT-IN MICROPHONE & SPEAKERAllows hands-free calls.
MOBILE PHONE SUPPORT APPSiPhone (iOS) and Android (Google Play) mobile apps allow you to monitor watch location and update settings.
SMW16 ‘Soteria’ features
• Tells the time like any other watch with both analogue & digital display
• Makes two way calls; answers, ends or reject calls; auto-answer function means wearer does not need to to press any buttons to answer an incoming call (dementia)
• Location finder and tracking capability that works indoors, outdoors and overseas using GPS, GSM (mobile towers) and Wi-Fi
• Set up defined safe perimeter area (‘geo-fence’) & receive SMS and email alerts when the watch leaves safe zone
• SOS Emergency Button automatically dials 3 pre-set contact numbers or 24-hour emergency monitoring service (these pre-set contacts can be changed at any time)
• Easy-to-use touchscreen – no fiddly buttons
• Camera and video capability, upload photos of family and friends to make it easier to identify and call them
• Call 3 pre-set numbers automatically via screen photos of family members, plus easy speed-dial and auto-answer for up to 20 pre-set contacts
• Links to ConnectiveCARE™ platform and mCareWatch mobile app enabling monitoring, reporting & locating the watch on laptop/computer/tablet
• Provides customised medicine and appointment reminders via ConnectiveCare
• Connects via Bluetooth 4.0 with separate BT biometric devices to measure blood pressure, blood glucose and weight (optional extra launching late 2016)
• Easy-fit and easy-to-use magnetic recharging cradle: click and charge in only 2.5 hours
• Provides local weather information
• Make silent emergency SOS alarm via gesture (domestic violence & lone workers)
• Independently quality tested and meets relevant Australian (RCM) & European (CE) Standards.
• Available in black or white
mCareWatch smartphone App
realtime location finder for Anywhere, Anytime, Connected Caring™
The mCareWatch smartphone app is the go-anywhere companion to the SMW16 ‘Soteria’. Through the app, using GPS, mobile phone and Wi-Fi technologies, you can access the ConnectiveCARE platform and pinpoint the wearer’s position to within a few metres.
Wearers are free to live independently and go where they please – without triggering a false alarm. Carers can find out where their loved ones through the mCareWatch app anywhere, anytime they have their smartphone handy.
If you’re not on the go, you can also log into the ConnectiveCARE platform directly from your home computer or tablet to see all the same information.
The mCareWatch app works with any iPhone or Android smartphone. It links with the ConnectiveCARE platform to give you:
Remote Watch Status
SOS Emergency Alarms
Tailored Medication Reminders
Receive Low Battery Alerts
mCareWatch SMW16 on Display
Demo Locations Around Australia
NSW & ACTmCareWatch Pty Ltd Head Office Unit 109, 46-50 Kent Rd, Mascot, NSW 2020 Tel: 02 80464860 Independent Living Centre NSW Westpoint, Shop 4019, Level 4, 17 Patrick St, Blacktown NSW 2148 Tel: 02 99125800 ACT Variant Solutions PO Box 267, Gungahlin, ACT 2912 Contact: Greg Jones Mobile: 0488 241 522
SMW16 ‘Soteria’ Watch Pricing
How much does the SMW16 ‘Soteria’ cost?
The total upfront price for the SMW16 ‘Soteria’ is $513.
You pay $399 for the watch, $99 for the setup activation & access to the mobile app and ConnectiveCARE platform, plus $15 delivery.
You then choose a mobile phone and monitoring plan to suit your needs. You can opt for a self-managing plan, where the SMW16 ‘Soteria’ automatically calls up to 3 designated carers family members in case of emergency, with no external monitoring service involved.
Or you can choose the additional emergency back-up of 24-hour monitoring by a specialised service. There’s a phone and monitoring plan to suit every need.
Every plan type gives you access to the mCareWatch mobile app and ConnectiveCARE platform.
1. Buy the watch outright with a Telstra Pre-paid SIM Card Plan:
$513 with Self Manage Plan plus the Telstra pre-paid phone plan of your choice. The mCareWatch SMW16 is delivered to you with a pre-installed Telstra pre-paid SIM card which you will need to activate. You pay / top up the monthly pre-paid SIM card credit yourself according to your chosen Telstra pre-paid plan.
2. Buy the watch outright with mCareWatch SIM Card on a Self-Manage Plan:
Monthly $24.99, pre-paid for 6 months for $129.99 or pre-paid for 12 months for $249.99.
3. Buy the watch outright with mCareWatch SIM card and 24-hour Monitoring Service Plan:
Ongoing Service Plan can be paid Monthly $49.99, pre-paid for 6 months for $259.99 or pre-paid for 12 months for $469.99.
Purchase the SMW16 ‘Soteria’ watch in three easy steps.
1. Select your colour
2. Choose your SIM card Service Plan type (the watch connects to the Telstra mobile phone network provider and plan like any other mobile phone)
3. If you are using the mCareWatch SIM card please select your on-going payment type (paid Monthly, Pre-Paid for 6 months or 12 months)
Your SMW16 ‘Soteria’ will be configured and sent to you, ready to use, anywhere in Australia.
What is the ConnectiveCARE platform?
Does the mCareWatch work outside my home?
What are the colours options for the mCareWatch?
Will my contact details (email and mobile phone) be used for other purposes other than communication with mCareWatch?
Is my personal information secure?
- You give us permission
- It is authorised or required by law
- It meets one of the other exceptions in the Australian Privacy Principles
Is it safe to wear the mCareWatch on the wrist?
Will the mCareWatch work overseas?
How long does it take from ordering and payment to receiving the SOS Mobile Watch?
Can I have the mCareWatch delivered to another address other than my own?
What do I need to program and set up on the mCareWatch before it is ready for use?
Who is responsible for repairing faults and maintenance?
What does my SIM card Data Plan include and what are my responsibilities?
What is your Returns Policy?
How are credit card payments processed?
Do I need a PayPal account to make a payment using my credit card?
What details will appear on my credit card statement?
Are there any hidden costs?
What is the Warranty on the SOS Mobile Watch?
How much is the delivery fee?
How will it be delivered?
What is included in the ‘Telstra Pre-Paid SIM card on Self Manage’ Plan?
What is the difference between the 'Telstra Pre-Paid SIM card & the mCareWatch SIM card on Self Manage Plans?
What is the difference between 'Self Manage' and the 'Monitoring Service' Plan?
Can I buy the mCareWatch without the SIM card service plan and subscription?
What is the difference between selecting the Pay Monthly, 6 Month and 12 Month subscription service plans?
Can I change the Service Plan from Self Manage to Monitoring Service Plan after I purchase the watch?
If I purchase the 6 or 12 Month Upfront access plan and my father moves into palliative care can I cancel the service and receive a refund?
If I buy the 6 Month Upfront Plan, what happens after the 6 Months expires?
Can I change the Service Subscription Plan from Paying Monthly to paying 12 Months Upfront?
What happens after the 6 Months or 12 Months period if I purchase the 6 Month or 12 Month Plans?
What are the payment options available?
- PayPal or Ezidebit (via your credit card)
- Call us on 1300188557 and we can take your order over the phone
- EFT: pay by transferring funds directly into our bank account
NOTE: we do not accept American Express cards.